Welcome to the Dixieland WebsiteDixieland Grammar School opened for students in 1924. The inscription “Dixieland Grammar School” remains above the main building today as a reminder of the rich heritage of the school. The building was constructed in six months at a cost of $67,500.00. The land the school was built on was a 330 square foot parcel owned by W.L. Thompson. Mr. Thompson sold the land to the polk County School Board for $12,500.00. After the building was completed pupils transferred from Lake Morton. The community welcomed the new school, which was at that time built on the edge of town. Dixieland remains a neighborhood school, but is now in the middle of a historical residential area.
Latest NewsDixieland families are invited to our Annual Title I meeting followed by Open House. 4:30-6:00 PM Sept. 22 for 3rd – 5th Grade Sept. 29 for Kindergraten – 2nd Grade Presentation for parents/guardians is in the Cafeteria @ 4:30. Students will receive a special incentive for your attendance! Afterward visit your child’s classroom to get important information from the teacher. See your child’s work. Sign up for a parent-teacher conference. Meet Mrs. Busby our Media Specialist and check out books. Enjoy PTA fundraiser cookie samples, while supplies last. Enter at the Dobbins Park gate on the west side of the school. We hope to see everyone there!
Congratulations to Mrs. Mandi White our 2015-16 Teacher of the year and to Mrs. Nancy Walls, our School-Related Employee of the Year.
- Breakfast will be served from 7:30-7:50 a.m.
- Drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. when staff members are on duty to supervise students. For the safety of your child, please arrive between 7:30 and 7:50.
- School begins at 8:00. An adult needs to come to the office with the student to check in when arriving after 8:00.
- Kindergarten students and their siblings drop off and pick up area is behind the school on Lenox St.
- Please go all the way to the end of the front driveway on Ariana St. to drop off and pick up 1st through 5th grade car riders.
- Parents may park at Dobbins Park to walk your Kindergarten through 5th grade student to the west gate next to the park.
- Please place your school issued car tag on the dashboard at dismissal. This will help the staff on duty bring your child to you quickly. Please pull as far forward in the car line as possible.
- Students who walk or bike to school enter through the west gate along Dobbins Park. Students should use the crosswalks and follow the directions of our crossing guards. Students riding bikes, scooters, and skateboards are to wear helmets.
- All walkers and bikers will be dismissed at the west gate next to Dobbins Park. Parents may wait at the gate for their child.
Dismissal is at 3:00. We do not have after school child care on campus. Several day cares and after school programs drop off and pick up students. Please contact your provider. Campus Visitors
Please bring a photo ID when you check in at the office when visiting the campus and when checking your child out early.